March 11, 2015
Recipients of two prominent awards for outstanding contributions by U of T staff members have been announced.
The Chancellor’s Award and the Ludwik and Estelle Jus Memorial Human Rights Prize are presented along with several other faculty, staff and student awards under the banner of Awards of Excellence. This award program annually recognizes the outstanding members of the University of Toronto community who have made rich and meaningful contributions to the University, their communities and to the world.
Chancellor’s Award recipients for 2015 are:
- Judith Chadwick is the winner of the 2015 Chancellor’s Award – Influential Leader. Judith has served as the Assistant Vice-President, Research Services, since 2009 and Chief Administrative Officer since 2010.
- Andrea Carter, Director, High Risk Matters and Director, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act is one of the two recipients of the Chancellor’s Award in the ‘Emerging Leader’ category.
- Melinda Scott, Dean of Students, University College is the second recipient in the ‘Emerging Leader’ category.
Recipients of the 2015 Ludwik and Estelle Jus Memorial Human Rights Prize are
- Dr. Lisa Forman, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
- The International Human Rights Program, Faculty of Law
Honorees will be celebrated at a ceremony on April 13, 2015. Read more about their remarkable impact at U of T in upcoming editions of the Bulletin.