As we look forward to our biggest back to school ever this fall, the University of Toronto is excited to offer our staff, faculty and librarians the opportunity to benefit from the GO-Transit Return to Office Program.
The GO-Transit Return to Office program runs from September 6, 2022 to the end of November 2022 and provides preferred rates to U of T employees in two ways:
- An unlimited three-month pass; or
- A preferred discount rate for cash fares.
As a reminder to our students, the GO-Transit Return to Office program is for employees only, and the student discounts offered by Metrolinx are of greater benefit to you. To sign up for the Metrolinx Student ID program, visit the Metrolinx Student ID webpage.
NOTE: The deadline to apply for this program is September 6, 2022.
What does the program offer?
Unlimited Three-Month Pass
- $441 per pass for three months
- Best for those using GO Transit three to five days per week or more
- 25% off the cash fare offered for three months
- The 25% discount is off base ticket pricing, not Presto pricing
- Best for those using GO Transit one to three days per week, or less often
How much will I save?
Here is an example from the Metrolinx blog:
“It depends how far you’re travelling and how often you’re coming into the office. Let’s say you’re traveling from Oakville GO Station to Union Station using PRESTO three times a week, which works out to $8.16 per GO train ride. That equals $195.84 per month, or roughly $587.52 for three months.
So, the savings through the GO Transit Return to the Office program are substantial.”
How do I register?
To register for the program and purchase your tickets visit corporate.gotransit.com and enter code: RTOUT
Please see the attached instructions and terms for more information about this program and please note:
- An account using your @utoronto.ca email will need to be created to register under the program and buy an epass or etickets. Follow the link and enter the code above, which will prompt the account registration process.
- The registration window will be open until September 6, 2022.
- This program uses an eticket platform and is not associated with PRESTO or your PRESTO card.
Questions & Additional Information
For any questions regarding program registration please email Metrolinx at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions related to the program epass or etickets please contact the Metrolinx Customer Relations team at email@example.com.
Information and trip planning tips as well as GO Transit’s current safety measures are also available on the GO Transit website.
Other U of T transit and commute-related programs:
- Flexpass program at St. George – for those who drive regularly to campus, but not often enough to warrant purchasing a parking permit.
- UTM Shuttle Bus program for those travelling between the St. George and UTM campuses
- Visiting UTSC for those travelling to the Scarborough Campus.