I am writing to let you know that nominations for the 2021-22 Minister’s Awards of Excellence are now open. These annual awards recognize the exceptional performance of faculty, staff and graduate students from colleges, universities, private career colleges and Indigenous Institutes across Ontario.
I am asking for your support with this year’s awards by encouraging faculty, staff and your school community to nominate those deserving of recognition. Please share this launch video to encourage participation. I also invite you to nominate worthy candidates yourself.
Nominations can be completed here: Minister of Colleges and Universities’ Awards of Excellence 2021–2022 | EngageON (ontario.ca). The closing date for applications is December 8, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The nomination criteria are divided into the following categories:
- Everyday Heroes: Faculty and staff who have stepped up and made a difference during the 2021-22 academic year.
- Future-Proofing Ontario’s Students: Faculty and staff who have led the way in adapting programs that support new ways of learning.
- Equality of Opportunity: Faculty and staff who have excelled at creating opportunities in postsecondary education for marginalized and underrepresented groups.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Faculty and staff who are working with industry and business to drive economic development.
- Rising Star: Graduate students, faculty and staff who are under 35 and are making a difference in education, inspiring students or carrying out innovative research in the postsecondary education sector.
Thank you in advance for helping to spread the word about the 2021-22 Minister’s Awards of Excellence!
The Honourable Jill Dunlop
Minister of Colleges and Universities