Diversity, inclusion, and respect are fundamental values of the University of Toronto. Anti-Semitism remains a source of discrimination, harassment, and violence today and a threat to all free societies. It is our collective responsibility to address systemic racism, including anti-Semitism, within our tri-campus community and to cultivate a respectful learning and working environment for everyone.
To that end, the University of Toronto has established an Anti-Semitism Working Group. The Anti-Semitism Working Group will review programming, activities, processes and practices in place at the institution and make recommendations to support the University’s response to anti-Semitism.
While conducting its review, the Anti-Semitism Working Group will:
- Consult members of the University community, including students, faculty, librarians, and staff, about how to create an inclusive environment where Jewish members of our community feel welcome and respected.
- Examine best practices at other research-intensive universities for combatting anti-Semitism.
- Develop an inventory of existing institutional and divisional initiatives that address anti-Semitism.
- Recommend actions that equity offices and other University offices on all three campuses can take to improve education about anti-Semitism and responses to anti-Semitic incidents.
- Review the University’s existing policies to determine whether existing policy tools are appropriate for dealing with issues of anti-Semitism.
- Propose new programs and initiatives to eliminate anti-Semitism on campus.
- Present a final report to the President, the Vice-President and Provost, and the Vice-President, Human Resources and Equity.
We invite you to learn more about the Anti-Semitism Working Group, its Terms of Reference, and its membership at the Group’s webpage. We encourage all members of the U of T community to engage with the Working Group and provide feedback at email@example.com. Many opportunities for students, faculty, staff, librarians, instructors, and researchers to communicate their concerns and recommendations to the Working Group will be provided in the coming months.