|Date||June 25, 2018|
|To:||Professional & Managerial 6 – 11 Staff|
|From:||Erin Jackson, Chief Human Resources Officer, Division of HR & Equity|
|Re:||2018 Compensation & Benefit Update for PM 6-11|
Further to the Vice-President, HR & Equity message of April 16, 2018 on the launch of the Performance Assessment Process, I am pleased to update you on changes to your compensation.
On June 19th, Business Board approved merit compensation increases, as well as benefit premium increases, for PM 6 – 11 staff.
Annual merit increases will be administered in line within each group’s existing compensation policies. The merit pay will be effective July 1, 2018 based on June 30, 2018 salaries and will be implemented in the July pay.
Further to the message distributed on April 24, 2018 (attached), and as a result of both these improvements and rising claims costs across the entire health and dental plans, the monthly employee and employer premiums will increase effective July 1, 2018. The new employee monthly premiums will be:
|Extended Health Care Plan||Single: $17.42||Family: $62.92|
|Dental Plan||Single: $14.78||Family: $32.74|
The Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) will continue for 2018 and 2019 at current rates (single $775/family $1550 per annum).
As a reminder, the benefit improvements to the Extended Health Care Plan effective July 1, 2018 include:
- Prescription eyewear including contacts, to $300/24 months
- Eye exams to $90/24 months
- Coverage for Chiro/Physio/RMT to a combined maximum of $500/person/plan year
- Increase Major restorative max to $1,800 per plan year and include dental implants
- Expand current $2000 psychologist coverage to include MSW and Psychotherapist
- Add coverage for hearing aids of $500/ear every 3 years
- Add coverage for up to 2 wigs lifetime and include Alopecia as reason
- Add partial coverage for CGM for type 1 diabetes
Life Insurance premiums will decrease by 10% and LTD premiums will decrease by 5% effective July 1, 2018. Additional information regarding the Joint Membership Plan premiums for 2018/19 will be available shortly.
These changes in monthly contributions will be reflected in your July pay.
Should you have any questions about these benefit or compensation changes, please contact your Divisional HR Office