- Date: January 13, 2016
- To: U of T Community
- From: Angela Hildyard, Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity
- Cc: The Bulletin
- Re: Being Prepared in the Event of an Emergency
The University of Toronto is committed to maintaining a safe working and learning environment and to communicating emergency information and planning with our community. We have recently re-launched a website dedicated to the University’s emergency management framework: www.preparedness.utoronto.ca.
Please visit the site to find resources about safety and security on our campuses.
At www.preparedness.utoronto.ca, you will find information on:
- emergency management and how to report an incident,
- emergency response preparedness for critical incidents,
- how and whom to contact regarding security and safety on campus,
- planning and response to pandemic communicable diseases, and
- business continuity planning.
The University of Toronto’s Emergency Preparedness and Crisis Management Plan outlines how various portfolios at the University assist when an emergency occurs, including when an emergency escalates to a broader scale involving a campus or the University as a whole. The Plan outlines the responsibilities for communication and decision-making in the first few critical hours and for the ongoing management of a situation.
We encourage you to review the materials on the website and to share this important resource broadly with your faculty, staff and students.
Questions about the site? Please email email@example.com.