Sept. 22, 2021 The Division of Human Resources & Equity is now called the Division of People Strategy, Equity & Culture.

(2014-2015 HR#32) CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Strike – Confirmation of Intention to Work form: Alternative format

HR#32, 2014 – 2015

Date: March 3, 2015
To: Colleagues who are members of CUPE 3902-Unit 1
From: Principals, Deans, Academic Directors & Chairs; HR Divisional Offices; Academic Continuity Group; Payroll Staff via AMS Listserv; Alex Brat, Director, Labour Relations
Cc: Angela Hildyard, Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity
Re: CUPE 3902 Unit 1 Strike – Confirmation of Intention to Work form: Alternative format

The University of Toronto will continue to operate during the CUPE 3902 Unit 1 strike, and is making every effort to minimize the impact of the strike on its students. During the strike, the University will respect the decision of CUPE 3902 Unit 1 members who choose to continue to work.

If you choose to continue to work, please submit the Confirmation of Intention to Work form (available through Employee Self-Service) as soon as possible. In addition, please inform your Chair and supervisor as soon as possible that you intend to continue to work.

The ‘Confirmation of Intention to Work’ form is available on a new tab within Employee Self-Service. Once you click the ‘Confirm’ button, you will be redirected to the Employee Self-Service homepage. There are no additional steps required for completing this form.

There will be several periods when the Employee Self-Service system cannot be available because of regular payroll cycles including the running of the biweekly pay for employee groups such as CUPE 3261 full-time and casuals, OPSEU 519 etc. A complete list of when this will occur is available here.

To accommodate this, we have prepared an alternative Confirmation of Intention to Work form that can be submitted via the Human Resources & Equity website. Please note that if you have already submitted a form through Employee Self-Service, you do not need to complete this alternative form. Alternately, you can request the link to the form from your Chair.

If you voluntarily choose to continue to work, the University will continue to employ you in the course(s) or program(s) in which you were working prior to the strike. The wages and benefits applicable to such work will be as set out in articles 22 and (to the extent applicable) 26 of the expired collective agreement. When a new collective agreement is entered into its terms will apply to work being done by you at that time.

For the latest on this situation, please consult the Provost’s site, also available through the University homepage under ‘Announcements’.