HR #15, 2013 – 2014
- January 7, 2014
- Principals, Deans, Academic Directors & Chairs; Professional & Managerial Staff
- Angela Hildyard, Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity
- Have you nominated someone for a Chancellor’s Award yet? You have until January 24
We all know of someone who has gone ‘above and beyond’ to assist others, who has helped the University, who is a great leader; or, someone who has taken it upon themselves to learn new job skills and enhance their education in order to assume positions of greater responsibility in their career.
Why not formally recognize them by taking a few minutes and submitting a nomination? There are two awards of $1000 to be handed out, so please identify some candidates from your area and fill out a nomination form today.
The awards are a wonderful way to acknowledge and celebrate the vital role our administrative staff members play in supporting the work of the University.
Please submit your nomination(s) to your Divisional HR Office by 4 p.m. January 24.
About the Chancellor’s Award
The Chancellor’s Award, presented by the University of Toronto Alumni Association (UTAA), recognizes administrative staff members for exceptional leadership in advancing the University’s mission.
Complete award information including details on how to submit nominations and downloadable forms are available at: http://alumni.utoronto.ca/s/731/index.aspx?sid=731&gid=1&pgid=2659.
Please note: Support in preparing nominations is available from your Divisional HR Office.
Nominees will be assessed on their ability to:
- Perform their job responsibilities to the highest possible level;
- Actively seek out opportunities for the acquisition of new job skills and education in order to assume positions of greater responsibility over the course of their careers;
- Engage in advancing the mission of the University; and,
- Foster relationships based on mutual respect with colleagues, staff, students, and academic and senior administrative staff in the fulfillment of each other’s objectives.
All administrative staff members (union and non-union) are eligible for these awards.
The specific categories are:
The Emerging Leader
This award recognizes a staff member who demonstrates significant potential to assume more senior leadership in the organization.
The Influential Leader
This award recognizes a staff member who has continually demonstrated innovative leadership to achieve outstanding contributions to the University by motivating and empowering others.
– See more at: http://hr.webservices.utoronto.ca/about-hr-equity/news/22m/hynsfacayyhuj24.htm#sthash.INnPfyhV.dpuf