- December 1, 2009
- PDAD&C; Professional & Managerial Staff
- Angela Hildyard, Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity
- CUPE Local 3902, Unit 3
The tentative agreement reached with CUPE Local 3902, Unit 3 has now been ratified by its membership. The settlement document outlining of all changes is available online at: https://people.utoronto.ca/Assets/lr/mos/CUPE+3902$!2c+Unit+3+MOS+2009-2012.pdf.
Term The agreement covers the period September 1, 2009 to August 31, 2012.
Recognition of Service & Job Security
1. New Category – Sessional Lecturer III
Employees who have taught as SLII’s for three (3) years and who have taught an average of two (2) FCE’s per year can apply for advancement to the rank of SLIII
Inaugural Advancement process for eligible employees: application within thirty (30) days of ratification for advancement effective May 1, 2010
Sessional Lecturer III’s guaranteed up to two (2) FCE’s in the advancing department for the life of the agreement
2 . Sessional Lecture I Long Term
SLI’s who have taught for a minimum of six (6) years, but have not advanced to SLII will have a higher minimum rate starting January 1, 2011.
3. Severance Pay
SLI Long Term, SLII, SLIII and Writing Instructor II are eligible for severance pay.
- See Appendix A (please note that for SL1 and SL2, changes to the minimum rates will occur on September 1 and May 1)
- Employees applying for advancement to SLII or WI II may make application for advancement during the term in which they complete the requirements for advancement (under certain conditions).
- Improvements to sick leave, compassionate leave, as well as pregnancy and parental leaves.
Unit 3 Fund
- Creation of a fund which will be allocated and administered by the Union to support attendance at conferences and/or professional expenses
- Steps have already been taken to ensure that the retroactive salary increases are in place for the December pay period.
- Labour Relations will be offering information sessions – on all three campuses – over the next several weeks so that you and the staff in your departments have the information you need to implement the new agreement. Further information on these sessions will be forwarded shortly.
Please refer to the Memorandum of Settlement for the full context of these changes, including qualifications and exceptions. The renewal amended Collective Agreement will be available as soon as possible online, and printed copies will be distributed in due course. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact Mary Ann McConkey, Director, Labour Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org 416-978-0465.