- May 4, 2009
- All Managers of Administrative Staff (Principals, Deans, Academic Directors & Chairs; Professional / Managers); (CC: Divisional HR Offices)
- Angela Hildyard, Vice President, Human Resources & Equity
- 2008 / 2009 Stepping UP Recognition Program
Once again we have the opportunity to recognize outstanding staff contributions through the Stepping UP Recognition Program. This program acknowledges administrative staffs’ “above-and-beyond” contributions towards the University’s vision to be one of the world’s foremost research-intensive universities and an institution that nurtures the creative and analytical capacity of its students at all levels. Professional/Managerial & Confidential staff contributions will be assessed as either a team member or as an individual contributor; unionized employees will be considered for team nominations.
This year’s program includes some refinements to the criteria so they more closely align to the University’s current strategic objectives.
The 2009 Awards will recognize significant contributions towards one or more of the following strategic objectives:
- Enrich the Student Experience
- Support Outstanding Scholarship
- Achieve Equity and Diversity in All of Our Activities
- Improve the Employee Experience by Becoming an Employer of Choice
- Create a World-Class Infrastructure Through Administrative Excellence
Examples of contributing behaviours towards these strategic objectives and complete details of the program are provided here.
Managers may nominate individuals/teams for the award by completing and submitting an electronic copy of the Individual orTeam Nomination form to their Division Head and their Divisional HR Office by June 4, 2009.
All recipients of the award will be invited to attend a celebratory reception at the President’s house and each recipient will receive a gift in recognition of their significant contribution.
We have outstanding staff at this University – let us make sure we recognize them appropriately!