- May 11, 2009
- All Professional / Managerial Staff
- Angela Hildyard, Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity
- Preview for PMs: challenges identified by the Speaking Up employee experience survey and actions taken in response
P/M colleagues are invited to preview an interactive online communication that will be available to all members of faculty and staff in a few days. The communication is available at https://people.utoronto.ca//news/Speaking_UP/actions09.htm.
The interactive communications tool takes viewers through the five challenges that were identified in the Speaking Up survey and the activities and initiatives have been undertaken in response to those challenges. It also outlines upcoming plans for actions that will continue to address the challenges (in ways consistent with the current economic climate). The communications tool will encourage faculty and staff members to review the reports of the Working Groups, and to provide feedback on the initiatives undertaken and planned.
The goals of this communication are threefold:
- To engage staff and faculty in the initiatives and programs undertaken since the survey by leading them to relevant websites and other sources of information
- To report back to survey participants on the results of their participation in the survey
- To reassure participants that senior administration is acting on their priority concerns
Faculty and staff members will receive an email with a link to the page. The eBulletin will also publish a link to the page. For staff groups without regular access to computers at work, we will be publishing a paper version.
Steering Group membership: https://people.utoronto.ca//news/Speaking_UP/Committee_Members.htm
Reports of the Working Groups: https://people.utoronto.ca//news/Speaking_UP/Groups.htm