- February 7, 2006
- PDAD&C; Professional / Managerial Staff
- Christina Sass-Kortsak, Assistant Vice-President, Human Resources
- CUPE 3261 Full-time Settlement and Ratification
I am pleased to advise that the tentative settlement for renewal of the CUPE, Local 3261 collective agreement has now been ratified by the Union membership. Highlights of the renewed collective agreement, which affects the University’s full-time bargaining unit employees working in ancillary services, athletics, caretaking, grounds services, food service and medicine include:
Term: July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2008
Wages: 2.5% effective July 1, 2006; 0.5% effective January 1, 2007; 2.5% effective July 1, 2007; and 0.5% effective January 1, 2008. Additional OTO lump sum payments to each employee totalling $325.00 in two separate payments.
Pension and Early Retirement: Similar provisions have been agreed upon as those provided to several other groups, pending approval by Business Board.
- coverage for Vision Care increased to $250.00 every two (2) years and includes eye exams;
- coverage for hearing aids to a maximum of $300.00 every three (3) years;
- increase in safety shoe and boot allowance to $150
- entitlement to union representation when meeting as part of an investigation likely to lead to suspension or discharge;
- changes interview requirements for job posting;
- University maintains its right to contract out, however, if requested, the University may meet with the Union to discuss contracting out.
The full text of the settlement is available at
Labour Relations will be conducting information sessions for managers and supervisors on the renewed contract, and information regarding these will be available in the near future through your local Human Resources Office.
The University looks forward to working with the Union in the implementation and application of this renewed contract.
Negotiations for a renewal of the CUPE, Local 3261 Part-time collective agreement will commence shortly.