About this Initiative
The U of T Anti-Semitism Working Group is an integral part of the University’s commitment to addressing systemic forms of discrimination within its tri-campus community. The Working Group will review programming, activities, processes and practices in place at the University of Toronto and develop recommendations to support the University’s response to anti-Semitism.
To engage as many university members as possible, the Anti-Semitism Working Group is inviting the community to complete this consultation survey to share experiences, feedback, and recommendations to the ASWG. The information will provide key insights and inform the policy framework recommendations that will be submitted to the University’s President, the Vice-President, Human Resources and Equity, and Vice-President & Provost.
The Survey is now closed. The ASWG members would like to thank everyone who provided responses. If you wish to provide insights and recommendations to the ASWG please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of Reference
Members of the Anti-Semitism Working Group will:
- Consult members of the University community, including students, faculty, librarians, and staff about how to create an inclusive environment where Jewish members of our community feel welcome and respected.
- Examine best practices at other research-intensive universities for combatting anti-Semitism.
- Develop an inventory of existing institutional and divisional initiatives that address anti-Semitism.
- Recommend actions that equity offices and other University offices on all three campuses can take to improve education about anti-Semitism and responses to anti-Semitic incidents.
- Review the University’s existing policies to determine whether existing policy tools are appropriate for dealing with issues of anti-Semitism.
- Propose new programs and initiatives to eliminate anti-Semitism on campus.
- Present a final report to the President, the Vice-President and Provost, and the Vice-President, Human Resources and Equity.
Share Your Feedback
We want to hear from you. There will be many opportunities throughout the year for all members of the U of T community to share their thoughts on addressing anti-Semitism with the working group.
Members of the U of T community may share their feedback by emailing the Anti-Semitism Working Group.