Join us for an engaging and interactive session to develop a framework for creating a new affinity group at the University for employees with disabilities. Many organizations have affinity or Employee Resources Groups (ERGs) generally based on building community, providing support and contributing to personal and professional development in the work environment. However, how do we know what kind of group is appropriate for employees at the University? Using inclusive design principles, this session will co-design a solution that is inclusive and responsive. Participants will learn from affinity groups already in place at the University and be given the opportunity to take an active role in designing their own.
Who should attend: faculty members, staff and librarians with lived experience of disability interested in participating in a peer network.
All events will have American Sign Language and live captions for the main presentations. If you have any other accessibility questions or are looking for further information on how we might support your participation, and if you would need ASL, captions, or any other supports for the breakout sessions, please contact Ben Poynton at firstname.lastname@example.org he will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
If, for whatever reason, you cannot attend this session but are interested in this topic, please contact Ben Poynton.
This event is co-hosted by Hart House.
Welcome and Introductions
- Ben Poynton, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Office, University of Toronto
- Kelly Hannah-Moffat, Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity
- Archana Sridhar, Assistant Provost, U of T
Founding member, Connections & Conversations
- Mary Stefanidis, Student Success Programs Officer, Faculty of Arts & Science
QUTE (Queer U of T Employees)
- Opportunity for participants to discuss what shape a peer group should take
- Each group will be lead by a moderator
- Participants are welcome to participate via audio or text chat
Return and debrief
- Group moderators report back to larger group
- Opportunity to build consensus on next steps
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org