This session will provide event professionals at the University with key resources, tips and techniques to facilitate accessible events whether in peprson, online, or when necessary in a hybrid format. Participants will be reminded of our obligations to create accessible spaces in online and physical environments, introduced to accessible facilitation techniques, and provided with advice on how to integrate online and in-person experiences to maximize accessibility.
- Describe key parts of social and legal (i.e. AODA) contexts relevant to accessible event planning
- Identify resources and platforms to support the delivery of accessible content
- Apply accessible facilitation techniques to structure and delivery of events
The session will be presentation based with opportunities for participants to ask questions and engage in the topic.
Participants will be asked to provide answers to some questions (e.g. what platforms you are using), indicate some strategies you are already using, and indicate how you could incorporate the facilitation techniques discussed into your hosting practices.
- Session delivery: This session will be delivered in-person in an accessible location. Further details on the accessibility of the location, including barrier-free washrooms will be shared to registrants in advance of the session.
- Captions: captions will be provided on screen using PowerPoint's automatic captioning feature.
- Breaks: one 10-minute break will be provided at the one-hour point
- Presentation: an accessible PowerPoint presentation will be used for the introductory portion of the session. This will be emailed to participants ahead of time.
- Questions: If you have any accessibility questions or are looking for further information on how we might support your participation, please contact Ben at email@example.com and he will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
Breaks: one 10-minute break will be provided at the one-hour point
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org