Benefits details for active employees
If you work at U of T you have access to the HR Service Centre, where you can submit HR requests & forms online; search a knowledge base containing HR and employment information including details about the benefits listed on this page specific to your employee group.Sign into the HR Service Centre
- Our competitive health-benefits packages include medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage.
- Our Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) offers free confidential short-term counselling to employees and their dependants for personal, family, and work-related problems.
- Our Equity Offices meet the complex needs of our tri-campus community and ensure all voices are heard by providing resources, guidance, education and awareness.
- Our sustainable staff wellness initiatives help meet the full spectrum of staff wellness needs.
- Our commitment to work-life balance includes flexible / summer hours, holiday closures, and generous vacations and leaves.
- Our competitive total compensation packages include appealing salary ranges, benefits, tuition support for employees and dependants, work-life programs, employee-oriented policies, and professional development resources.
- Our tuition waivers offer financial assistance to employees who want to further their formal education.
- The Centre for Learning Leadership & Culture (LLC) promotes an inclusive culture anchored in employee development.
- Our Talent Management Unit provides strategic sourcing services, recruitment training and resources to the University.
- Our retirement programs offer employees the ability to select a retirement path that best meets their diverse needs.
- Pension plans that provide eligible members (see your employee group collective agreement for eligibility details) a pre-defined lifetime income.
- Our Child Care Benefit Plan reimburses eligible child care expenses employees may incur.
- Our family-friendly spaces, such as nursing and study rooms, allow families to thrive on campus.
- Our onsite tri-campus daycare offers flexible and convenient childcare options.
- Our dependant tuition waivers and scholarship programs encourage our community and their loved ones to pursue lifelong learning.
Year after year, we continue to be recognized as one of Canada’s best family-friendly employers.
Canada’s Top Employer awards